The Hermanus Whale Festival started 25 years ago in the coastal town of Hermanus. Residents and visitors celebrate the migration of Southern Right Whales.
Hermanus, is known as the best land-based whale watching destination in the world and plays host to thousands of visitors who flock to the seaside resort to delight in the unique natural environment, watch the whales and take pleasure in the music, enjoy great food and make the most of the many activities available during the festival .
This year the festival runs between the 30th of September and the 02nd October
Visitors can expect:
- Whale whatching from shore and sea with live shows, hands-on family fun, street parades, film, music, seafood and local produce
- An inter-active Eco – Marine Village Tent with the theme above and below
- Treasure hunt in the Eco – Marine Tent for the kids on Saturday and Sunday (12-2)
- Great food at the festival as well as restaurants in Hermanus
- Quality crafters on Market Square
- Kids Entertainment on Market Square
- Whales and Wheels Classic Car Show
- Go-Rally (A breakfast run from Cape Town to Hermanus)
- Coke Music Marquee on Gearing’s Point
- KFM – Live everyday on Market Square
- Whale Sporting Events at Benguela Cove
- Chris Chameleon – Saturday 8pm on the Coke Music Stage
The Whales are always the star performers at the festival and will be joined on land by great food, quality crafters, great sport events, a 3 day coaching clinic, kids entertainment, a Music stage with over 20 artists performing over the festival, Marine ECO Village, Vintage Car Show and thousands of people celebrating together.
The full program is available at www.hermanuswhalefestival.co.za
For accommodation options available in Hermanus click here