We believe that it’s important to support local initiatives that are doing amazing things in our communities, and are endeavoring to make make a positive difference in South Africa.
Warrior on Wheels is one such initiative. They are doing amazing work, by providing a platform for children with special needs to experience thrilling and memorable experiences – experiences which may not have been previously possible.
Some of the activities they provide are:
- River Rafting
- Horse Riding
- Sidecar Tours
- Helicopter/Plane Trips
- Boat Cruises
- Wildlife Safaris
- Conservation / Sustainable Tourism Education Experiences
- Sidecar Tours
- Adapted Surfing
- Outings to Museums and Nature Parks
- Participation in Cycling and Running Events
- Providing inclusive adventure and sports activities for children with special needs.
- Consulting with and forging partnerships with establishments and adventure hosts within the tourism industry to promote accessibility for all abilities.
- Building confidence, self-esteem and assisting children with special needs to realise their potential.
- Developing and providing specialised adaptive equipment to enable children with special needs to participate in adventure activities and extreme sports.
- Providing specialised care and rehabilitation programs for children with special needs.
- Connecting communities of children with special needs, their families and carers/support structures.
- Servicing and exposing communities, professional sports people, adventure service providers, and establishments to a realm of possibilities through dispelling the ‘perception of limitation’ placed on children with special needs.
- Pushing and exceeding activity and adventure boundaries placed on children with special needs.
- Enabling awareness of self in children with special needs through them discovering potential new passions and love for adventure and sport.
- Staff, volunteers and professionals to create a safe environment in which children with special needs feel confident, self-assured and excited to be exposed and empowered to be-able to participate in a wide range of adventurous activities.
As a NPO, they rely on sponsorships, volunteers and partnerships with adventure hosts to provide regular adventures, experiences and outings to differently-abled children and their families. So if you feel you could contribute in any way, or are interested in participating or getting involved – I’m sure they would love to hear from you.